CIS 502 Midterm Set 1
This Tutorial was purchased 0 times & rated No rating by student like you.
This Tutorial contains following Attachments
- CIS 502 Midterm Set 1.docx
CIS 502 Midterm set 1
• 1 A security manager is developing a data classification policy. What elements need to be in the policy?
• 2 An organization employs hundreds of office workers that use computers to perform their tasks. What is the best plan for informing employees about security issues?
• 3 The statement, “Information systems should be configured to require strong passwords”, is an example of a/an:
• 4 The statement, “Promote professionalism among information system security practitioners through the provisioning of professional certification and training.” is an example of a/an:
• 5 Exposure factor is defined as:
• 6 A security manager needs to perform a risk assessment on a critical business application, in order to determine what additional controls may be needed to protect the application and its databases. The best approach to performing this risk assessment is:
• 7 CIA is known as:
• 8 An organization has a strong, management-driven model of security related activities such as policy, risk management, standards, and processes. This model is better known as:
• 9 The impact of a specific threat is defined as:
• 10 Annualized loss expectancy is defined as:
• 11 A security manager is performing a quantitative risk assessment on a particular asset. The security manager wants to estimate the yearly loss based on a particular threat. The correct way to calculate this is::
• 12 An organization wishes to purchase an application, and is undergoing a formal procurement process to evaluate and select a product. What documentation should the organization use to make sure that the application selected has the appropriate security-related characteristics?
• 13 An organization suffered a virus outbreak when malware was download by an employee in a spam message. This outbreak might not have happened had the organization followed what security principle:
• 14 Which of the following is NOT an authentication protocol:
• 15 The categories of controls are:
• 16 Organizations that implement two-factor authentication often do not adequately plan. One result of this is:
• 17 Buffer overflow, SQL injection, and stack smashing are examples of:
• 18 A biometric authentication system that incorporates the results of newer scans into a user's profile is less likely to:
• 19 One disadvantage of the use of digital certificates as a means for two-factor authentication is NOT:
• 20 A smart card is a good form of two-factor authentication because:
• 21 Which of the following statements about Crossover Error Rate (CER) is true:
• 22 The reason why preventive controls are preferred over detective controls is:
• 23 What is the best defense against social engineering?
• 24 The reason that two-factor authentication is preferable over ordinary authentication is:
• 25 Video surveillance is an example of what type(s) of control:
• 26 A database administrator (DBA) is responsible for carrying out security policy, which includes controlling which users have access to which data. The DBA has been asked to make just certain fields in some database tables visible to some new users. What is the best course of action for the DBA to take?
• 27 The most effective countermeasures against input attacks are:
• 28 The primary advantage of the use of workstation-based anti-virus is:
• 29 The purpose for putting a “canary” value in the stack is:
• 30 An attack on a DNS server to implant forged “A” records is characteristic of a:
• 31 A defense in depth strategy for anti-malware is recommended because:
• 32 A security assessment discovered back doors in an application, and the security manager needs to develop a plan for detecting and removing back doors in the future. The most effective countermeasures that should be chosen are:
• 33 “Safe languages” and “safe libraries” are so-called because:
• 34 The instructions contained with an object are known as its:
• 35 A user, Bill, has posted a link on a web site that causes unsuspecting users to transfer money to Bill if they click the link. The link will only work for users who happen to be authenticated to the bank that is the target of the link. This is known as:
• 36 What is the most effective countermeasure against script injection attacks?
• 37 All of the following are advantages of using self-signed SSL certificates
• 38 The following are characteristics of a computer virus EXCEPT:
• 39 An organization is about to start its first disaster recovery planning project. The project manager is responsible for choosing project team members. Which staff members should be chosen for this project?
• 40 The activity that is concerned with the continuation of business operations is:
• 41 The purpose of a parallel test is:
• 42 The greatest risk related to a cutover test is:
• 43 A DRP project team has determined that the RTO for a specific application shall be set to 180 minutes. Which option for a recovery system will best meet the application’s recovery needs?
• 44 The primary impact of a pandemic on an organization is:
• 45 An organization that is building a disaster recovery capability needs to re-engineer its application servers to meet new recovery requirements of 4 hour RPO and 24 hour RTO. Which of the following approaches will best meet this objective?
• 46 The first priority for disaster response should be:
• 47 The purpose of off-site media storage is:
• 48 The types of BCP and DRP tests are:
• 49 At the beginning of a disaster recovery planning project, the project team will be compiling a list of all of the organization’s most important business processes. This phase of the project is known as:
• 50 The definition of Recovery Point Objective (RPO) is:
Write a reviewOrder Id
Order Id will be kept Confidential
Rating: A B C D F
Enter the code in the box below:
CIS 502 Final Exam Guide • 1 Two parties are exchanging messages using public key cryptography. Which of the following statements describes the proper procedure for tra..
CIS 502 Midterm set 2 • 1 An organization recently underwent an audit of its financial applications. The audit report stated that there were..
CIS 502 Midterm set 1 • 1 A security manager is developing a data classification policy. What elements need to be in the policy? &..
This Tutorial contains 2 Papers CIS 502 Week 10 Technical Paper Technical Paper: Risk Assessment Global Finance, Inc. Internet OC193 10Gbps Remote Dial UpUsers OC193 10Gbps DMZ Border (Core) Routers Distribution Routers VPN Gateway 10Gbps ..
This Tutorial contains 2 Papers CIS 502 Week 9 Assignment 3 – Strayer New Assignment 3: Cybersecurity Due Week 9 and worth 50 points Cybersecurity is such an important topic today and understanding its implications is paramount in the se..
This Tutorial contains 2 Papers CIS 502 WEEK 8 CASE STUDY Case Study: Mobile Device Security and Other Threats Due Week 8 and worth 110 points Read the article titled, “Mobile Devices Will Be Biggest Business Security Threat i..
This Tutorial contains 2 Papers CIS 502 Week 7 Case Study 3 – Strayer New Case Study 3: Mobile Devices Security Due Week 7 and worth 100 points The use of mobile devices is prevalent and growing rapidly as users heavily depend..
This Tutorial contains 2 Papers CIS 502 WEEK 6 ASSIGNMENT 2 Assignment 2: Critical Infrastructure Protection Due Week 6 and worth 110 points According to the text, Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) is an important cybersecurity in..
This Tutorial contains 2 Papers CIS 502 Week 4 Case Study 2 – Strayer New Case Study 2: Social Engineering Attacks and Counterintelligence Due Week 4 and worth 100 points Social engineering attacks and counterintelligence have..
This Tutorial contains 2 Papers CIS 502 Week 3 Case Study 1 – Strayer New Case Study 1: Advanced Persistent Threats Against RSA Tokens Due Week 3 and worth 100 points Authentication breach by impersonation or password crack has been popu..
This Tutorial contains 2 Papers Assignment 1: Web Server Application Attacks Due Week 2 and worth 110 points It is common knowledge that Web server application attacks have become common in today’s digital information sharing age. Understanding the imp..
CIS 502 Week 2 Assignment 1 Web Server Application Attacks (2 Papers) CIS 502 WEEK 6 Assignment 2: Critical Infrastructure Protection (2 Papers) CIS 502 Week 9 Assignment 3 Cybersecurity (2 Papers) CIS 502 Week 10 Technical Paper Risk Assessment (2 Papers) &n..